Six Important Questions
Data Security – How do I know that my data, and that of my Clients’, is Secure?
Let us look at some of the features of our working model that address your concerns about data security:
- ACCA-CPA Affiliates – Each one of our Accountants is an affiliate of a Chartered Accountant professional body from the UK (ACCA). There is a set code of conduct that needs to be followed with regard to client data management and any deviation can result in the affiliation being revoked.
- Two-way non-disclosure contract – You are going to be entering into a contract with a Canadian company with strict non-disclosure terms and data protection is supported with some of the toughest SLA’s as well as adhering to strict employee covenants backed by the ACCA.
- Professional Data Security Insurance – Obox Solution is insured for Data Protection in Canada.
- Multi-layer Bank-grade security portals and system – Our servers are software protected to allow no local transfers, downloads or backup creation.
- Remote Desktop Access Option – We can log on to your systems to work. No files leave the office, no data is being exchanged. We are just virtually coming into your office and doing the work on your systems.
Which Accounting Software do we use for Bookkeeping and Accounting?
Our pool of resources in the Canadian department is proficient in the following Bookkeeping and Tax Software:
Tax & Working
QBO Working Papers
What are the Qualifications, Experience and Expertise of a Potential virtual accountant?
All our Accountants are ACCA and have up to 10 years of Accounting Experience with upto 5 years of experience working with Canadian Accounting Firms. Accounting expertise:
- Bookkeeping and Reconciliations – (Cloud and Desktop)
- Management Accounts
- Year-End Corporate Accounts
- HST/GST Returns
- Financial Reporting
Working Hours and Engagement – How does the whole virtual accountant Model Work and how do we measure productivity?
Your virtual accountant at Obox Solution works 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time to give you a live working/engagement experience. Obox Solution fully customizes the experience as per your needs. If you’re not using the Management Portal by Obox or Remote Desktop at your office location to manage the service, you can communicate live via communication software such as Skype, Slack, and Teams or Management software such as Jetpack, WorkflowMax etc. You can even manage the whole experience via emails if you prefer. Communication includes instructions, job reviews and deadlines from your side along with queries and job updates from the virtual accountant’s side.
Timesheets are used to clock hours either through www.tsheets.com or through the Obox Management Portal. This will give you reports of the hours being spent on each of your Clients allowing you to gauge exactly how much time and money is being spent on each job. We set high standards of productivity and we let you gauge what’s acceptable and even allow requests to reduce the number of hours where you feel too much time has been spent.
Contractual Flexibility – What kind of contract am I going to sign?
We have a fixed fee for one year, however, you would be entering into a month to month contract which allows you to opt out of the service at a 30-day notice in the first year and a 60-day notice in the second year. Prices are revised at the end of each year in accordance with the experience level outlined in the Fee schedules which we will share with you before we begin working together.
If you require us to change working models between part-time, full-time and ad hoc, you can do that within up to 10 days with a simple phone call or email to the area manager of the service.
What’s holding you back?
Ask for a free consultation and trial of our service now. Many firms denounce outsourcing having heard from others about bad experiences. One wouldn’t denounce working with accounting firms just because they’ve had a bad experience with one. What we can say is, as with every service, there is a way of fixing the kinks and working in an organised manner. We have spent years perfecting our hiring and training systems, developing our own technology for management and most importantly, adhering to our motto of “Under Promise, Over Deliver.”
Along with your free consultation, you can ask to speak to one of our existing clients to reassure yourself that we are walking the walk.